Mailing List Archive

TracSyntaxColoring and SilverCityAddLanguage
Hi

I have successfully set up syntax highlighting on my Trac install
(0.7.1 on Win2k + Apache). I am new at both Trac and Python in
general.

I now find myself wanting to add support for C# (and probably others).

So, following the instructions on SilverCityAddLanguage, I go and get
the Scintilla package - I swear I've downloaded and looked in each of
them, and not one of them contains the specified setup.py file I'm
meant to build from/with.

I guessed that the page is talking about setup.py in
f:\Python23\Tools\Scripts\, so I tried that in the SilverCity
directory. I got the following error (command included on first line
of quote):

F:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\SilverCity>python f:\python23\Tools\scripts\setup.
py build
running build
running build_scripts
creating build
creating build\scripts-2.3
error: file 'byteyears.py' does not exist

I don't know what that means or how to fix it - can anyone help,
please?

Peter Mounce ( mailto:pete@x-rm.com )
Software Developer http://www.x-rm.com - X-RM Ltd, Winchester
TracSyntaxColoring and SilverCityAddLanguage [ In reply to ]
The setup.py should be in the top directory it is in mine.
The file I donwloaded was SilverCity-0.9.5.tar.gz.

But I think somebody already added C# to silvercity. Search the tickets
at the trac project.

/T

TracSyntaxColoring and SilverCityAddLanguage [ In reply to ]
I used the SilverCity-0.9.5.win32-py2.3.exe Windows installer, which
put the install in f:\python23\Lib\site-packages\SilverCity

It doesn't appear to give me setup.py.

Ticket 636 in the trac project relates to C#, but if I'm understanding
it correctly, CSharp highlighting support has been put back to
milestone 0.9...?

I'm a little concerned that when I view a changeset (0.7.1, remember),
no diffs are displayed. I have installed the Windows GNU diff tools;
I was expecting it to Just Work, from reading the FAQ entry on
this...? The files listed in the changeset, after the initial list at
the top, are rendered with their paths in bold, then an empty thin box
underneath each. Is this because 0.7.1 release doesn't do this yet?

TracSyntaxColoring and SilverCityAddLanguage [ In reply to ]
Peter Mounce wrote:
> I used the SilverCity-0.9.5.win32-py2.3.exe Windows installer, which
> put the install in f:\python23\Lib\site-packages\SilverCity
>
> It doesn't appear to give me setup.py.
I dont think that an exe files includes source files. I would reccomend
to modify the SilverCity source files from the tar.gz file.

The instructions for adding SilverCity were made for Linux with the
tar.gz. For windows and exe files I guess you have to go into the
python sitepackages directory and edit the files there.

> Ticket 636 in the trac project relates to C#, but if I'm understanding
> it correctly, CSharp highlighting support has been put back to
> milestone 0.9...?
If you use the trunk of Trac and have added support for it to
SilverCity you should be able to see C# syntax highlighted code.

The person writing 636 also attached the modifications he did
to SilverCity to add C#. So you should only need follow the
instruction in ticket 636 to add support for C#.