Mailing List Archive

User names different from login?
Hi,

I've set up Subversion and Trac on a network, and so far there is one
problem (which I'll detail in another message) and one irritation, which
I'm hoping there is a solution for.

To simplify things for users I've set the system up to use their SSPI
windows logins, so they don't have to remember yet another user name and
password. However these are basically numeric, it would be a lot nicer if
things like wiki updates, new tickets etc, had the user's real name on
them.

Is there a way to map a user login ID to a screen name, and then use this
screen name in any submissions to the project rather than the id they use
for authorization?

regards

Jon