the repository locally.

Cheers,

/T
svn repos over ssh. [ In reply to ]
You can try using shfs to mount the repository (i got cvstrac working
with a ssh fs some time ago). Trac need direct access to the dbfile
inside the repository.

svn repos over ssh. [ In reply to ]
Toni,

Instead of trying to reach your repository over ssh, you can bring your
repository to the Trac server. I currently replicate my repositories
with some commands in the post-commit hook. There is also the CPAN
module SVN::Mirror.

jbw

svn repos over ssh. [ In reply to ]
fwiw the svn:mirror (part of svk) works really well with one caveat,
its a little tricky to get the initial rev numbers the same.

cheers,

-k

svn repos over ssh. [ In reply to ]
Do you copy the whole database over the network and overwrite the
existing one on the trac-server.
Or do you dump the last revision and somehow load it over the network
to the trac-server.

Could you maybe post your post-commit hook script or the relevant lines.

Cheers,

/T

svn repos over ssh. [ In reply to ]
Actually I am doing the replication on the same server. We didn't want
trac and development use of svn conflicting -- which was probably an
unreasonable fear.

And yes I do an incremental dump of only the just completed transaction
and then loads that into the replicant repository.

For your situation I'd do the following:

1) in post-commit:
a) incremental dump:
/usr/bin/svnadmin dump "$REPOS" --revision "$REV" --incremental \
> "$REPOS"/tmp/"$REV"
b) scp the dump to the trac host:
/usr/bin/scp "$REPOS"/tmp/"$REV" trachost:/path/to/dumpto
2) Have a daemon (script) running on the trac host that loads each new
scp'd transaction into the repliant repository:
/usr/bin/svnadmin load /replicant/repos < /path/to/dumpto/file

You might want to check out SVN::Mirror. It might be easier...

jbw

svn repos over ssh. [ In reply to ]

> Actually I am doing the replication on the same server. We
> didn't want
> trac and development use of svn conflicting -- which was probably an
> unreasonable fear.
What I experienced is that you get conflict if the persmission arent
set right. There also seems to be a need to "svnadmin recover REPOS"
now and then if the db:s are the same.
Your approach seems to be safer and cleaner, since you dont
need to give trac rw persmissions to the db you use for version control.

> And yes I do an incremental dump of only the just completed
> transaction
> and then loads that into the replicant repository.
>
> For your situation I'd do the following:
>
> 1) in post-commit:
> a) incremental dump:
> /usr/bin/svnadmin dump "$REPOS" --revision "$REV" --incremental \
> > "$REPOS"/tmp/"$REV"
> b) scp the dump to the trac host:
> /usr/bin/scp "$REPOS"/tmp/"$REV" trachost:/path/to/dumpto
> 2) Have a daemon (script) running on the trac host that loads
> each new
> scp'd transaction into the repliant repository:
> /usr/bin/svnadmin load /replicant/repos < /path/to/dumpto/file

This was something like this that I was thinking about.
Forgot about scp. But with scp and a ssh-agent it is a perferct solution
for me.

> You might want to check out SVN::Mirror. It might be easier...
Last time I tried I had problems installing it so I'll try the other
solution first.

Thanks for the help.

/T