Regards,

----
Jeff Lanzarotta
Login question [ In reply to ]
Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have setup several users. When I login as user1, logout and then click login again to log in as a different user, Trac automatically logs me in as user1. I have removed the cookies from my browser associated with trac, but I still can't login as user2... Any ideas?

Trac uses HTTP authentication, which is handled by the browser (you can
recognize such an authentication scheme when the login/password appears
in a dialog box instead of a regular web pages)
Once you have submitted a login/password to your web client (and so
forth the web server), the browser keeps sending the same
login/password, without prompting you again, if you need access to the
same server with the same realm (you can think "realm" in term of
virtual zone on the remote web server). These credentials are not kept
in the cookie cache, as they are not related with cookies (even it looks
like the same from a technical perspective).

The workaround is to close your web browser: authentication is not kept
among browser sessions. Close means terminate the browser process, that
is "close all the web client windows which run in the same process": if
you have two web browser window which run in the same process, closing
the window that was used to browse the trac website is not enough, you
should close all windows (or all tabs, depending on your browser)

If you use a Mozilla-based web browser (Mozilla, FireFox, ...), you can
use an more comfortable workaround: install the "Clear HTTP auth"
extension (and restart your brower once after installation)
A new item in the "Tools" menu shows up: "Clear HTTP auth". Selecting
this item tells the browser to clean up its HTTP authentication cache,
without restarting your browser. This is a very nice-to-have extension.

Please note that it cleans ALL HTTP credentials, which means that any
other browsing tab using the same authentication scheme will have to be
authenticated after this action - which is not worse than havng to close
and restart the browser anyway.
Login question [ In reply to ]
Great! Thanks Emmanuel... I'll give that extension a try...