We'd like to know if there are any plans to develop these aspects in
future releases of this great application.

Best regards,
user management [ In reply to ]
hi

Yes in future release, i have done some work for that, will try to
update my branch with the code today.

Francois Harvey

Jorge Arcas a ?crit :

user management [ In reply to ]
El jue, 02-09-2004 a las 05:30 -0400, Fran?ois Harvey escribi?:
> hi
>
> Yes in future release, i have done some work for that, will try to
> update my branch with the code today.

great news! we are impatients for test your changes :-)

best regards,
--
Jorge Arcas <jorge.arcas@hispalinux.es>
user management [ In reply to ]
I'll be interested to see what you've done. I started looking into
managing htpasswd files from Python. I found a Python port of a Perl
utility for generating the MD5-based hashes, which turned out to be much
weirder to generate than I imagined. When you check-in your code I'll
take a look and see how I might be able to help.

-Matthew Good

user management [ In reply to ]
Hello Francois,

On 02.09.2004 11:30, Fran?ois Harvey wrote:
> hi
>
> Yes in future release, i have done some work for that, will try to
> update my branch with the code today.

In addition to the aspects already mentioned an enhanced user management
with users _and_ roles would be useful.
We are using trac since several weeks for our internal project developments
and it becomes apparent that sometimes the assignment of a specific component
to one person/user is insufficient e.g if one component is under development
by several people or the main developer has one or more substitutional assistants.

> Francois Harvey
>

> Jorge Arcas a ?crit :
>
> > We are using trac in our company to develop free software. After a
> > few weeks of usage, we are missing a greater integration of the
> > users in the system. For instance, there is no way to select a user
> > from a list when assigning a ticket, you must remember his name and
> > email address.

Best regards
--
Eike Jordan <jordan@fiz-chemie.de>

user management [ In reply to ]
Hi trac users

<BIG NOTICE>
Dont use this branches on your production trac environnement, create a
copy instead. The db format will be upgraded lot of time in the next
days, and i dont want to create a db9, db10, db11, etc.. :) f
</BIG NOTICE>

hope you will enjoy, this branches add this feature :

* Add a new table user inside the db (db version 8, should upgrade ok)
* Add a user link inside the header
* the link sould display the list of the user group by team
* when you click on a user, trac should display user summary with
assigned ticket
* add a user:username syntax inside the wiki ( [user:fharvey Francois
Harvey] work too)
* currently you must populate the users table manually

{{{
svn co
http://svn.edgewall.com/repos/trac/branches/utopiste-dev/trac-usermgr
}}}

my todo list for the next week end

* Add a password fields (for using with apache mod_auth_sqlite)
* move template code inside User.py to a user.cs
* Support the "Create new user" menu link
* Add more information to the profiles (recent commit, recent wiki page)
* Add more fields to the users table
* sit down with jborg, dln, cmlenz, for looking the user management
at long term (and the future of the session table)
* add hyperlink where we print username
* Lock in the username fields for limited impersonalisation (putting
other developer name when submitting ticket, wiki page, etc.)
* Create a interface for adding/deleted permission *_* to a user/group

Francois Harvey

user management [ In reply to ]
Well, just keep in mind that storing passwords in the Trac db is really
only practical for running a single project. I use a single htpasswd
file in order to provide a standard authentication method for multiple
Trac projects, as well as the SVN repositories. As I mentioned before,
I've started working on being able to generate an htpasswd file. Maybe
this weekend I'll get that working and look into integrating it with
what you're working on.

-Matthew Good