interested in what happens with the ticket. So the default behaviour
should be to add you to the cc-list.

Is this the same that happens in Trac? I am not sure because I have
never received any emails when I have added/commented bugs in Trac.

Is the procedure that you should change the resolution to trigger
an email?

I really think that you get more discussion if send emails to everybody
that has commented and due to this one should also get better resolutions.
Bug report email procedure [ In reply to ]
Toni Brkic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read ticket 395 and I am not sure how/when/to whom email are sent
> out in tickets. From what I understand how it works today it is not
> at all how I would expect a bug tracking system to work.
>
> I think that the email procedure should be;
>
> * Default everybody that comments/reports a ticket should be added to
> the cc-list
> * Everytime something changes. An email should be sent out to the ppl on
> the cc-list.
> * You should be able to remove yourself from the list.
>
> This is what happens in other bug tracking systems I've used. I think
> that if you have made a comment to a ticket you are also normally
> interested in what happens with the ticket. So the default behaviour
> should be to add you to the cc-list.
>
> Is this the same that happens in Trac? I am not sure because I have
> never received any emails when I have added/commented bugs in Trac.
>
> Is the procedure that you should change the resolution to trigger
> an email?

Email notification on projects.edgewall.com is currently not enabled,
that's why you haven't received any emails.

Trac trunk and the upcoming 0.8 release behaves like you described above
except that users manually have to add their email addresses to the cc
field.

> I really think that you get more discussion if send emails to everybody
> that has commented and due to this one should also get better resolutions.

You can get trac to notify all users without needing to add any
addresses to the cc-field by adding this line:

always_notify_reporter=true

to the "[notification]" section of your trac.ini file.

/ Jonas
--
Jonas Borgstr?m | Edgewall Software
jonas@edgewall.com | Professional GNU/Linux & Open Source Consulting.