Mailing List Archive

Trac with VisualSVN
Hi all,

I've recently upgraded our trac environment to 1.6 and I'm now trying to
set it up to work with visualSVN. All the python bingings etc come with
visual svn but I get this trac error which I cannot seem to get around.

It is a windows environment:
INFO: Failed to load Subversion bindings
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"......\Python312\Lib\site-packages\tracopt\versioncontrol\svn\svn_fs.py",
line 200, in __init__
_import_svn()
File
".....\Python312\Lib\site-packages\tracopt\versioncontrol\svn\svn_fs.py",
line 72, in _import_svn
from svn import fs, repos, core, delta
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'svn

I've tried copying the files from the visual svn to this python tracopt
folder mention, also adding the svn folder to python path. No change still
get the error.

Anyone got any experience using visualSvn? or came across this error before?

Re: Trac with VisualSVN [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 7, 2024 at 1:11?AM Jamie <jamietrac473@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently upgraded our trac environment to 1.6 and I'm now trying to set it up to work with visualSVN. All the python bingings etc come with visual svn but I get this trac error which I cannot seem to get around.
>
> It is a windows environment:
> INFO: Failed to load Subversion bindings
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "......\Python312\Lib\site-packages\tracopt\versioncontrol\svn\svn_fs.py", line 200, in __init__
> _import_svn()
> File ".....\Python312\Lib\site-packages\tracopt\versioncontrol\svn\svn_fs.py", line 72, in _import_svn
> from svn import fs, repos, core, delta
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'svn
>
> I've tried copying the files from the visual svn to this python tracopt folder mention, also adding the svn folder to python path. No change still get the error.
>
> Anyone got any experience using visualSvn? or came across this error before?

The Subversion Python bindings bundled with VisualSVN link to Python
2.7 DLLs. It doesn't work with Python 3.x.
Also, please ask on VisualSVN support for questions and requests
regarding VisualSVN.

[[[
C> dumpbin /nologo /dependents "VisualSVN Server\bin\libsvn_swig_py-1.dll"

Dump of file VisualSVN Server\bin\libsvn_swig_py-1.dll

File Type: DLL

Image has the following dependencies:

python27.dll
VCRUNTIME140.dll
api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
libapr-1.dll
KERNEL32.dll
libsvn_client-1.dll
libsvn_delta-1.dll
libsvn_ra-1.dll
libsvn_subr-1.dll
libsvn_wc-1.dll
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll

Summary

1000 .data
2000 .pdata
6000 .rdata
1000 .reloc
3000 .rsrc
12000 .text
]]]

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Trac with VisualSVN [ In reply to ]
Ah I see, Thank you. Will look at other options.