Mailing List Archive

Help with Trac Email Notifications
I recently configured password recovery.
It is working fine, except that the email containing the temporary password is not only being sent to the user, but it also includes the recipients configured in the always_cc setting under notifications in trac.ini.
Because of the security nature of the email, I never thought the password reset email would include the cc recipients.
Is there anyway to prevent the password reset email from including the always_cc recipients?

Below is our environment:
* Trac 1.2.3
* Genshi 0.7 (with speedups)
* mod_python 3.3.1
* Pygments 2.1
* pysqlite 2.7.0
* Python 2.7.12
* setuptools 20.7.0
* SQLite 3.11.0
* jQuery 1.11.3
* jQuery UI 1.11.4
* jQuery Timepicker 1.5.5
* Apache2 2.4.18

Best,
Patty Cottrill

*** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments from IMCI Technologies are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving. ***

Re: Help with Trac Email Notifications [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 13, 2023 at 5:56?AM 'Patty Cottrill' via Trac Users
<trac-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I recently configured password recovery.
> It is working fine, except that the email containing the temporary password is not only being sent to the user, but it also includes the recipients configured in the always_cc setting under notifications in trac.ini.
> Because of the security nature of the email, I never thought the password reset email would include the cc recipients.
> Is there anyway to prevent the password reset email from including the always_cc recipients?
>
> Below is our environment:
>
> Trac 1.2.3
> Genshi 0.7 (with speedups)
> mod_python 3.3.1
> Pygments 2.1
> pysqlite 2.7.0
> Python 2.7.12
> setuptools 20.7.0
> SQLite 3.11.0
> jQuery 1.11.3
> jQuery UI 1.11.4
> jQuery Timepicker 1.5.5
> Apache2 2.4.18
>

> Best,
> Patty Cottrill

It seems that the issue has been reported at
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13312 and fixed. Please try the latest
of https://trac-hacks.org/svn/accountmanagerplugin/trunk .

trac-hacks.org server shows currently "503 Service Unavailable"
however the page could be confirmed via Google web cache,
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https%3A%2F%2Ftrac-hacks.org%2Fticket%2F13312
.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

RE: Help with Trac Email Notifications [ In reply to ]
Thank you for the quick response.

Can I please get some clarification.

The plugins wikipage shows the stable version 18549 is in the tags directory.
I downloaded and installed this plugin and I am still getting the same behavior.

https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin

Your link is pointing to the trunk, which is considered a development version.
If I understand you correctly, I need to install this development version to correct this problem.

Please advise.

Best,
Patty Cottrill

*** CAUTION: This email originated outside of IMCI Technologies. Do NOT respond, take any action, click on any links or open any attachments unless you recognize the sender and trust the content is safe. ***

Re: Help with Trac Email Notifications [ In reply to ]
According to https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13312#comment:16 , the issue is
fixed since 0.5.1dev. If you're using 0.5.0, it is not fixed. So try trunk.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 3:25 'Patty Cottrill' via Trac Users <