Trac[loader] ERROR: Skipping "flexibleassignto = flexibleassignto": Import
Error: cannot import name _TRUE_VALUES

I also tried the dev version of the plugin, but same result.

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 7:42?PM Frank R. <frank.reifenstahl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since upgrading to 1.2.6 lead to error messages navigating to admin ==> users, I installed the stable version of https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin. Running Trac now there is no admin button and no Link to login. Checking the trac log ther is no "Loading plugin" for TracAccountManager-0.5.0-py2.7.egg. The only obvious log entry is
>
> Trac[loader] ERROR: Skipping "flexibleassignto = flexibleassignto": ImportError: cannot import name _TRUE_VALUES
>
> I also tried the dev version of the plugin, but same result.

I suspect that is caused by wrong configurations and/or installed plugins.
Please provide information about the following:

* trac.ini of your Trac Environment
* log/trac.log in your Trac Environment
* "System Information" and "Installed Plugins" in /about page of your
Trac Environment

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
> * trac.ini of your Trac Environment
> * log/trac.log in your Trac Environment
> * "System Information" and "Installed Plugins" in /about page of your
> Trac Environment

How to provide that? I now do not have an admin button.

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 11:44?PM Frank R. <frank.reifenstahl@gmail.com> wrote:

>> * trac.ini of your Trac Environment
>> * log/trac.log in your Trac Environment
>> * "System Information" and "Installed Plugins" in /about page of your
>> Trac Environment
>

> How to provide that? I now do not have an admin button.

Ah, sorry. I missed it is unable to view "System Information" in
/about page without logged in.

Missing logging for "Adding plugin" and "Loading plugin" of
AccountManagerPlugin in trac.log. I don't consider the
AccountManagerPlugin is successfully installed. How did you installed
the plugin? Check /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and
/srv/www/trac/plugins.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Missing logging for "Adding plugin" and "Loading plugin" of
> AccountManagerPlugin in trac.log.

I don't consider the
> AccountManagerPlugin is successfully installed.

Exactly what I noticed and presumed.

> How did you installed
> the plugin?

Downloading the zip, running setup.py and mv the egg to

> Check /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

I can see it there with read permission for everyone (same permissions as
all other plugins).

> /srv/www/trac/plugins.

No changes there and no old or recent version of the Account Manager plugin.

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 4:11?PM Frank R. <frank.reifenstahl@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How did you installed
>> the plugin?
>

> Downloading the zip, running setup.py and mv the egg to
>

>> Check /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

The copying egg file to directory is incorrect to install.
Use one of the following:

* pip install <archive.zip>
* easy_install <archive.zip>
* python setup.py install
* python setup.py bdist_egg && pip install dist/*.egg
* python setup.py bdist_egg && easy_install dist/*.egg

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]

See also: https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracPlugins#InstallingaTracplugin

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
> The copying egg file to directory is incorrect to install.

Got that from somewhere in a forum...

Use one of the following:

> * python setup.py install

Thanks a lot, this one worked for me.

Now I am able to log in, there is an admin button, but no USERS Link in the
admin panel. What catches my eye in the log:

Trac[perm] DEBUG: DefaultPermissionPolicy allows freifenstahl performing
ACCTMGR_USER_ADMIN on None

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Now I am able to log in, there is an admin button, but no USERS Link in the admin panel. What catches my eye in the log:

You should enable "acct_mgr.admin.UserAdminPanel".

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2.6 and Account Manager Plugin [ In reply to ]
Am Do., 25. Mai 2023 um 11:16 Uhr schrieb Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com>:

> > Now I am able to log in, there is an admin button, but no USERS Link in
> the admin panel. What catches my eye in the log:
>
> You should enable "acct_mgr.admin.UserAdminPanel".

Thanks, works!