Mailing List Archive

Re: Upgrading 1.0 to 1.4 - ChildTicketsPlugin
On 17 May 2023 15:55, Frank R. wrote:
> That's what I found out. And it was plugin TracDynamicVariables.
> Deactivating that plugin and the error was gone. But I don't remember
> or know whether other plugins do need this plugin... maybe my sneaky
> feeling prove true, because I now get
>
> TypeError: childtickets() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

(I would recommend new threads for new problems, and always include the
full error message and related plugin versions etc.)

This error seems to  match the one in https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13088
so you probably have a very old ChildTicketsPlugin and need the newer
version mentioned there.

Re: Upgrading 1.0 to 1.4 - ChildTicketsPlugin [ In reply to ]
That's what I found out. And it was plugin TracDynamicVariables.
Deactivating that plugin and the error was gone. But I don't remember or
know whether other plugins do need this plugin... maybe my sneaky feeling
prove true, because I now get

TypeError: childtickets() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

(I would recommend new threads for new problems, and always include the
full error message and related plugin versions etc.)

This error seems to match the one in https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13088
so you probably have a very old ChildTicketsPlugin and need the newer
version mentioned there.

You'll likely need to upgrade all of your plugins. I would recommend
disabling all of them, upgrading one at a time, then re-enabling.

Re: Upgrading 1.0 to 1.4 - ChildTicketsPlugin [ In reply to ]
Am Do., 18. Mai 2023 um 04:47 Uhr schrieb RjOllos <rjollos@gmail.com>:

> On Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 9:34:29?AM UTC-7 Peter Suter wrote:
>
> On 17 May 2023 15:55, Frank R. wrote:
>
> That's what I found out. And it was plugin TracDynamicVariables.
> Deactivating that plugin and the error was gone. But I don't remember or
> know whether other plugins do need this plugin... maybe my sneaky feeling
> prove true, because I now get
>
> TypeError: childtickets() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
>
> (I would recommend new threads for new problems, and always include the
> full error message and related plugin versions etc.)
>
> This error seems to match the one in https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13088
> so you probably have a very old ChildTicketsPlugin and need the newer
> version mentioned there.
>
> You'll likely need to upgrade all of your plugins. I would recommend
> disabling all of them, upgrading one at a time, then re-enabling.

Thanks a lot, now it works.

@Peter Suter
Sorry, I am a trac-user@googlegroups.com newbie, I promise I'll be better!
:-)