I've upgraded from 1.0.3 to 1.4.3. I'm pretty sure there used to be an
optional rule in user Preferences for Notification rules to be notified of
"Any ticket changes". This option is no longer in the list of available
rules, but the comment below the configured default rules still shows:

Example: The rule *"Never notify: I update a ticket"* should be above *"Notify:
Any ticket changes"* to get notifications of any ticket changes except when
you update a ticket.

What am I missing?

Re: "Notify: Any ticket changes" seems to have disappeared from Notification Preferences [ In reply to ]
As far a I remember 1.0.3 had no such notification preferences, unless
you used the Announcer plugin.
1.4.3 replaces most of that plugin with built-in functionality, and
indeed has that example but confusingly that rule was never added.

You can add such a rule yourself though. See
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4056#comment:40
https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/psuter.hg/tracopt/notification/all_tickets.py?rev=10400&marks=20%2C44#L20

Re: "Notify: Any ticket changes" seems to have disappeared from Notification Preferences [ In reply to ]
Thanks Peter! Yes, we previously had used the Announcer plugin (
TracAnnouncer-1.0dev_r0-py2.7.egg).

I installed your all_tickets.py file into the project's plugins directory,
restarted tracd, and the new rule appeared. Thanks!

.