Mailing List Archive

Manage User Database
Long time TRAC user with many instances for different projects/customers.

I need a way to admin and cleanup the TRAC user database. For now, we're
still using https auth so the database needs to be purged and updated
periodically.

Is AccountManagerPlugin the right way to do this? It does so many other
things I want to be sure before I start messing with it.

Re: Manage User Database [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 30, 2022 at 5:45:45 PM UTC-8 Chris Lamb wrote:

> Long time TRAC user with many instances for different projects/customers.
>
> I need a way to admin and cleanup the TRAC user database. For now, we're
> still using https auth so the database needs to be purged and updated
> periodically.
>
> Is AccountManagerPlugin the right way to do this? It does so many other
> things I want to be sure before I start messing with it.

There are trac-admin commands for removing sessions and purging anonymous
sessions. Is that what you are looking for?
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracAdmin#FullCommandReference

session purge <age>

Purge anonymous sessions older than given age or date

Age may be specified as a relative time like "90 days ago", or as a date in
the "MM/dd/YY hh:mm:ss" or "YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss±hh:mm" (ISO 8601) format.

Re: Manage User Database [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the response. No, I'm looking to purge users who are no longer
with the company or update their 'preferences' if they haven't.

Re: Manage User Database [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 6:26:53 AM UTC-8 Chris Lamb wrote:

> Thanks for the response. No, I'm looking to purge users who are no longer
> with the company or update their 'preferences' if they haven't.

The trac-admin command line tool has commands for listing and deleting
sessions of both authenticated and unauthenticated users. You can also
update their preferences with "preference set" TracAccountManager uses the
same API but provides a user interface to the same features.

https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracAdmin#FullCommandReference