Mailing List Archive

Problem with diffs in the SVN trunk
Hi,

I'm working on getting my open source project, OpenThreads
(openthreads.sourceforge.net), up and running with trac, and I've run
into a nice little snag while using the trunk. I've registered this
bug under ticket #670:

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/670

Now, Jonas tells me that it's probably a function of the setup on my
server, but I've followed all of the instructions on the site. Here's
what I've got:

Server: IBM 2 processor M-Pro wokstation
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 3.0, Update 2
Packages installed (for trac):

Python 2.2.3 (#1, Aug 8 2003, 08:44:02)
[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-13)] on linux2

clearsilver-0.9.10.tar.gz
pysqlite-0.5.1.tar.gz
swig-1.3.21.tar.gz
sqlite-2.8.15.tar.gz
subversion-1.0.6.tar.gz

Now here's the trick, diff views work just fine for me with 0.7.1, but
I need the trunk in order to get proper developer permissions setup.
Is there anyone who can help me debug what is going on here ? I'm an
expert C++/Java developer, but am somewhat new to the python scene...

cheers,

sean

Sean A. Spicer

"Your mind is a shovel, use it." -anonymous

pgp key fingerprint: 8CED 19B7 3A3A BF54 B8E8 FB11 E044 F6B8 1585 9D54
pgp public key available at www.keyserver.net or pgpkeys.mit.edu (KEY
ID: 15859D54)
Problem with diffs in the SVN trunk [ In reply to ]
Sean Spicer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on getting my open source project, OpenThreads
> (openthreads.sourceforge.net), up and running with trac, and I've run
> into a nice little snag while using the trunk. I've registered this bug
> under ticket #670:
>
> http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/670
>
> Now, Jonas tells me that it's probably a function of the setup on my
> server, but I've followed all of the instructions on the site. Here's
> what I've got:
>
> Server: IBM 2 processor M-Pro wokstation
> OS: Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 3.0, Update 2
> Packages installed (for trac):
>
> Python 2.2.3 (#1, Aug 8 2003, 08:44:02)
> [GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-13)] on linux2
>
> clearsilver-0.9.10.tar.gz
> pysqlite-0.5.1.tar.gz
> swig-1.3.21.tar.gz
> sqlite-2.8.15.tar.gz
> subversion-1.0.6.tar.gz
>
> Now here's the trick, diff views work just fine for me with 0.7.1, but I
> need the trunk in order to get proper developer permissions setup. Is
> there anyone who can help me debug what is going on here ? I'm an
> expert C++/Java developer, but am somewhat new to the python scene...

Hi Sean,

Are you using authz with Trac trunk? If so, make sure the user as
permission to access the files in the diff. It's probably easiest
to comment out the "authz_file" line in trac.ini and see if that helps.

/ Jonas
--
Jonas Borgstr?m | Edgewall Software
jonas@edgewall.com | Professional GNU/Linux & Open Source Consulting.
Problem with diffs in the SVN trunk [ In reply to ]
I'm not explicitly...I've got anon permissions setup for
everything...I'll try that though...

I can display the unified diff just fine, by clicking on the link at
the bottom of the page.

sean