Mailing List Archive

Getting errors trying to access the Subversion repository from Trac
Hi all...

I posted a few days ago about having problems creating a project environment, which I was happily able to solve with some help from the subversion-users mailing list.

That said, I am seeing a new error when I try to either "Browse Source" or view the "Timeline" tab in Trac. It reports the following error and Python traceback:

Trac detected an internal error:
libapr-0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 475, in cgi_start
real_cgi_start()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 470, in real_cgi_start
dispatch_request(path_info, args, req, env, database)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 378, in dispatch_request
module = module_factory(args, env, database, req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 137, in module_factory
globals(), locals())
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Browser.py", line 25, in ?
from svn import core, fs, util, delta
File "/usr/local/lib/svn-python/svn/core.py", line 21, in ?
from libsvn.core import *
File "/usr/local/lib/svn-python/libsvn/core.py", line 5, in ?
import _core
ImportError: libapr-0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After some painful experiences trying to get the mod_dav_svn portion of Subversion to build properly, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with Apache 2 as installed from SuSE's RPMs, so I built v2.0.50 from source. Everything was going quite swimmingly until now.. :)

Both the svn and libsvn Python modules were successfully built by Subversion, and are symlinked from /usr/local/lib/svn-python to Python's site-packages directory.

As this functionality is a major portion of Trac's featureset, I would really like to get it working correctly. Thanks in advance!