On the install page it says, trac runs on Suse 9 and 9.1. So no luck to install it on my server?

Thanks for your help,
Michael Vogt
trac on Suse 8.2 [ In reply to ]
if your particular version is not mentioned, first read:
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracInstall
after you installed all required packages, install trac by

$ python ./setup.py install

if this works, report it,
if this does not work, tell us which problem you have, and we will look
if we have any suggestion

trac on Suse 8.2 [ In reply to ]
Hi.

Jaap de Wolff <wolff@newbridges.nl> wrote:
> if your particular version is not mentioned, first read:
> http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracInstall
> after you installed all required packages, install trac by
>
> $ python ./setup.py install
>
> if this works, report it,
> if this does not work, tell us which problem you have, and we will look
> if we have any suggestion

Thanks for your offer.

I believe I have all of the things needed installed. When I now enter

$ trac-admin /path/to/projectenv initenv

I get the error message

"Import Error: No module named libsvn.core"

svn itself is running OK, and no file or folder called libsvn can be found on the drive. So, where do I get this file/folder from?

I found the same question in the email archive from last month, without an answer. Hope this has been solved in the meantime.

Thanks,
Michael Vogt
trac on Suse 8.2 [ In reply to ]
I believe all you have to do is add the path:

/usr/local/lib/svn-python/

to your PYTHONPATH environment variable...assuming you've build the
subversion python bindings (see the directory
SVNROOT/subversion/bindings/INSTALL)

Hope that helps!

sean