Mailing List Archive

how to get better theme than default
I've just installed trac and I would like to know how can a I get (if
possible) a better (more beautiful) theme that the one that shows the
system just installed.

thanks in advance

--=20

Alejandro Rojo
Clave pblica en: http://pgpkeys.mit.edu

----------------------------------------------------------------------- =
Este mensaje y los documentos, que en su caso, lleve anexos, pueden =
contener informacion confidencial y ata=F1e exclusivamente a las =
personas a las que va dirigido. Cualquier opinion en el contenida, es =
exclusiva de su autor y no representa necesariamente la opinion de =
AZERTIA. Si usted no es el destinatario de este mensaje, considerese =
advertido de que lo ha recibido por error y que cualquier uso, difusion =
o copia estan prohibidos legalmente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por =
error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique por la misma via o al telefono 93 =
207 55 11 y proceda a destruirlo inmediatamente.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the =
individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are =
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of =
AZERTIA. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have =
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, =
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. =
If you have received this email in error please notify it to AZERTIA by =
telephone on number +34 93 207 55 11. =
how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
Oh! the pain!

Being 10 years at this lark, I've seen a LOT of applications out there, and
believe me, Trac is probably the best looking of the lot in terms of
out-of-the-box (if there are better web apps, I would like to know!)

I don't know of any 'skins' available, but it's a nice idea. Maybe a candidate
for the contrib folder?

Daragh

how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
You can modify the template files as you want.
.G. Vincent

how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 July 2004 09:29 am, daragh@uchicago.edu wrote:
> I don't know of any 'skins' available, but it's a nice idea. Maybe a
> candidate for the contrib folder?

This does remind me though, Trac could probably do with some documentation on
how to customize templates. Also, in the latest revisions, there's support
for simple/small customization using the environment-specific site_*
templates.

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting
how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]

how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:39:46 +0000, Gilles Vincent
<g_vincent@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You can modify the template files as you want.
> .G. Vincent

If someone does this, it might be handy to document what all the CSS
stuff is for, and what you might need to do to change the view.
Personally, I'm pretty content with the layout, and only have made one
minor change.

Chris
how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
daragh@uchicago.edu wrote:

>Oh! the pain!
>
>Being 10 years at this lark, I've seen a LOT of applications out there, and
>believe me, Trac is probably the best looking of the lot in terms of
>out-of-the-box (if there are better web apps, I would like to know!)

I think the same way.
Trac is amazingly beautiful and efficient.
Moreover, it is based on XHTML strict and CSS, which is so rare on the
Internet.

I do not know if there are other themes or skins (I don't think so), but
I want to thank here the web designer(s) who wrote the Trac interface.
I wish I were able to design such a beautiful web site.

I guess that if you want to change the look of the web interface, you
should be able to do most of the work by simply editing the CSS files.
For deeper changes, the ClearSilver templates may be altered.
how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]

how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
I'm sorry. After reading your messages about how beautiful is trac
out-of-the-box I couldnt believe that someone can think that a
black-and-white very simple HTML page without a good navigation menus
position is "beautiful" so I thought that maybe I had made a mistake in
any of the configuration tasks and.... RIGHT, I made an error in the
configuration of apache, I made a mistake writing the path of the Alias
directive to define the "/trac" path I my browser couldn't get the CSSs.
Now it looks great, you were right. Thanks.

how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]

how to get better theme than default [ In reply to ]
LOL. I made the same mistake.

Cheers,

:D

Daragh Fitzpatrick Daragh@UChicago.edu (773) 702-8976

Solutions Architect NSIT Administrative Systems
Renewal Projects and Architecture University of Chicago