--Stephen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Backup Procedures [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 08 June 2004 11:57 am, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> We have a great deal of fairly valuable information in our Wiki now.
> What's the backup procedure? Should I shut down Apache to ensure its not
> being accessed, then copy the entire "trac" environment?

Shutting down apache shouldn't be necessary really, especially if you're
running Trac as a cgi.

Properly backing up, involves acquiring a read-lock on the SQLite database in
the Trac environment, then simply copying the env-directory will be
sufficient.

Perhaps, trac-admin should have a 'backup' command to simplify automating
this?

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting
Backup Procedures [ In reply to ]
Our backup system backs up the entire directory structure, specifically
files that have changed. To enable restore/import of the files into another
system, I use the following as the backup script, which covers us for the
repository and wiki:

backup.bat (windows batch script)
---

@echo off
d:
del /q d:\svn\backup\griffin.wiki\*.*
cd \python23\scripts
python trac-admin d:/svn/trac wiki dump d:/svn/backup/griffin.wiki
svnadmin dump d:\svn\griffin > d:\svn\backup\griffin.svn

---

However, I do not know how to backup tickets (are these kept in SVN?)

Cheers,

:D

Daragh Fitzpatrick Daragh@UChicago.edu (773) 702-8976

Solutions Architect NSIT Administrative Systems
Renewal Projects and Architecture University of Chicago

Backup Procedures [ In reply to ]
Am 08.06.2004 um 17:57 schrieb Stephen Hansen:
> We have a great deal of fairly valuable information in our Wiki now.
> What's the backup procedure? Should I shut down Apache to ensure its
> not being accessed, then copy the entire "trac" environment?

If you just want to backup the wiki pages, trac-admin has a "dump"
command that will store all wiki pages to a given directory as plain
text files.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Backup Procedures [ In reply to ]
Christopher Lenz wrote:

> If you just want to backup the wiki pages, trac-admin has a "dump"
> command that will store all wiki pages to a given directory as plain
> text files.

Doing so only backs up the latest version of each page, doesn't it ?
It seems history and previous releases are lost

How to backup the full wiki database, with history ?

Thanks
Emmanuel.
Backup Procedures [ In reply to ]
The following command will do a full dump of the SQLite database, which
is where most of the data for Trac lives:

sqlite /project/db/trac.db .dump

As far as I am aware the rest of Trac can be backed up with normal
filesystem utilities.