Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1253 bytes
Desc: strike.patch
Patch: strike [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 08 June 2004 11:56 am, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> *snip*
> attached is a very, very simple patch (barely worth a patch :))
> adding a 'strike' WIkiformatting to cross something out.

Seems like a pretty good idea to me. I added a ticket #524 for the issue, for
future reference (and for any potential objections before merging).

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/524

Thanks for the patch (patchette? ;-)

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting
Patch: strike [ In reply to ]
Heh. I've never in my entire life needed or desired to strike out any
text before on anything I've done, so I never knew <strike> was
deprecated. So, in response to "cmlenz"'s comment on the ticket, I tried
out <del>. It renders like strike on the browsers I care about (MSIE,
Firefox, Safari), so I vote <del> =)

--Stephen

Patch: strike [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 08 June 2004 03:53 pm, Cap Petschulat wrote:
> I like the idea, but this causes formatting problems on many of the
> default wiki pages, since they use -- as a long dash. I've seen both --
> and ~~ used on other wikis for this, and ~~ seems more safe.

Good point. I googled for various syntaxes used, and found this list which
will prove helpful:

http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?CharacterFormattingRules

Patch: strike [ In reply to ]
I like the idea, but this causes formatting problems on many of the
default wiki pages, since they use -- as a long dash. I've seen both --
and ~~ used on other wikis for this, and ~~ seems more safe.

Cap