From: trac-bounces@bobcat.edgewall.com
[mailto:trac-bounces@bobcat.edgewall.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Lundin
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 3:45 PM
To: Trac
Subject: [Trac] Trac 0.7 'Fulci' Released

Trac 0.7 'Fulci' Release Notes
==============================
May 18, 2004 (The 104th anniversary of Tonga becoming a British
protectorate)

Edgewall Software proudly announces the immediate availability of our latest
release, Trac 0.7 'Fulci'.

Trac is a minimalistic web-based software project management and bug/issue
tracking system. It provides an interface to the Subversion revision control
systems, an integrated wiki, flexible issue tracking and convenient report
facilities.

Trac allows wiki markup in issue descriptions and commit messages, creating
links and useful structure between bugs, tasks, changesets, files and wiki
pages. A timeline view presents all project events in chronological order,
making tracking progress or getting an overview of a project easy.

For more information, please visit the main Trac web site:

<http://trac.edgewall.com/>

The software, published under the GNU General Public License, is available
at:

<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/download/>

Please report problems and provide feedback in the project issue tracker:

<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/>

For questions, comments and user discussions, please use the Trac mailing
list. List information, subscription and archive available at:

What's New
----------
0.7 'Fulci' is an important release for the Trac project, and also brings
the largest number of improvements yet. It marks a big step towards the big
'1.0', some of the biggest changes being the introduction of a new database
format and the experimental stand-alone Trac daemon.

A summary of major changes for this release:

* Revised database format. (Requires manual upgrade).
* Trac stand-alone daemon, tracd (Experimental).
* Greatly improved browser.
* Many usability improvements.
* UTF-8 character encoding support.
* Wiki page attachments.
* Ticket attachments.
* Syntax coloring supporting >35 languages, with SilverCity or GNU
Enscript.
* Better support for ReStructuredText.
* Logging support, including syslog and windows event log.
* Ticket email notification.
* Improved search facilities.
* Import tickets from Bugzilla (contributed by Mark Rowe).
* Import tickets from SourceForge (contributed by Dmitry Yusupov).

For a more complete list of improvements, see the ChangeLog at:

<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/ChangeLog>

We'd also like to extend a warm welcome to a new member of the Trac Team,
Christopher Lenz - His work on templates and CSS has already added a nice
touch to this release.

About Edgewall
--------------
Edgewall Software is an independent software development company specialized
in Linux and open source technologies. Edgewall provides software
development capabilities and consultancy to clients worldwide, on both short
term basis and in long term strategic partnerships.

Specific areas of expertise include:

* Python development, including Python extensions and integration.
* Web services and application development.
* C and C++ application development for UNIX and Linux.
* Cross-platform application development and porting.
* Open Source development practices, methods and tools.

Edgewall also offers professional Trac support and consulting, including
customization, integration and custom feature development.

For more information, visit our web site at <http://www.edgewall.com/> or
email us at <mailto:info@edgewall.com>.

Acknowledgements
----------------
Many thanks to the growing number of people who have, and continue to,
support the project. Also our thanks to all people providing feedback and
bug reports that helps us make Trac better, easier to use and more
effective.

Without your invaluable help, Trac would not evolve. Thank you.

Finally, we hope Trac will prove itself useful to like-minded programmers
around the world, and that this release will prove an improvement over the
last.

Please let us know. :-)

/The Trac Team <http://trac.edgewall.com/>

--
Copyright (c) 2004 Edgewall Software
Edgewall Software - Professional GNU/Linux & Open Source Consulting
on apache what about

Redirect /trac |/cgi-bin/trac.cgi

Redirect from http://hostname/trac/ to http://hostname/cgi-bin/trac.cgi [ In reply to ]
Redirect /trac /cgi-bin/trac.cgi
Redirect from http://hostname/trac/ to http://hostname/cgi-bin/trac.cgi [ In reply to ]
Am 19.05.2004 um 16:20 schrieb Daragh Fitzpatrick:
> Has anyone done a redirect so that http://hostname/trac/ will cause
> http://hostname/cgi-bin/trac.cgi to be loaded?

If you're using Apache, you don't need a redirect at all. Just add a

ScriptAlias /trac "/your/local/path/to/trac.cgi"

This way the client never actually see the trac.cgi in the URL.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de
Redirect from http://hostname/trac/ to http://hostname/cgi-bin/trac.cgi [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 19 May 2004 10:20 am, Daragh Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Has anyone done a redirect so that http://hostname/trac/ will cause
> http://hostname/cgi-bin/trac.cgi to be loaded?

Using Apache, the mod_rewrite is a very powerful and useful tool. It can
rewrite a HTTP request before it is handled:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

However, a simpler approach using ScriptAliasMatch will probably also do the
trick. Something like:

8< ------------------------------------------------------------------------

ScriptAliasMatch /(proj_a|proj_b)(.*) /trac/cgi-bin/trac.cgi$2

<Location "/proj_a">
SetEnv TRAC_ENV "/var/trac/env/proj_a"
</Location>

<Location "/proj_b">
SetEnv TRAC_ENV "/var/trac/env/proj_b"
</Location>

Alias /trac/ /var/trac/htdocs/

<LocationMatch "/(proj_a|proj_b)/login">
AuthType Digest
AuthName "the_auth_name"
AuthDigestFile /var/trac/user_digest
AuthGroupFile /var/trac/user_groups
Satisfy all
Require group trac
</LocationMatch>

The snippet above is off the top of my head, so typos etc might be present. It
should work though, or at least give you the general idea. :)

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting