Mailing List Archive

Ticket import
Hi,

is there a way to import trouble tickets into TRAC?

We are currently using Bug Collector (nice tool, but not 'free'),
and we can export a CSV with the following columns/attributes (I'm not
asking that anyone do the mapping for me, but wanted to give you the
opportunity to see all the attributes it does export)

Path (in hierarchy)
Report ID
Identifier
Status
Priority
Severity
Description
Area (team)
Version
Reported By
Reported Date
Responsibility
Fixed By
Fixed Date
Fixed In Version
Verified By
Verified Date
Date Due
Estimated Time
Actual Time
Report
Resolution
Steps (to reproduce)
Workaround
Attachments

Cheers,

:D

Daragh Fitzpatrick Daragh@UChicago.edu (773) 702-8976

Solutions Architect NSIT Administrative Systems
Renewal Projects and Architecture University of Chicago
Ticket import [ In reply to ]
On Monday 17 May 2004 11:49 am, Daragh Fitzpatrick wrote:
> is there a way to import trouble tickets into TRAC?

As of writing, there is no generic ticket import facility, but in the
'contrib' directory you'll find examples of specialized import scripts for
Bugzilla and SourceForge.

One idea we've loosely discussed is adding a more standardized import facility
using something like a [CSV/Whatever -> XML -> XSLT -> XML => Trac] approach.
This would allow importing data simply by writing a single XSLT stylesheet.

Just an idea for now. Right now, you'll need to write a script to insert the
data as in the contrib scripts.

--
Daniel Lundin | Edgewall Software
daniel@edgewall.com | Professional Linux & Open Source Consulting
Ticket import [ In reply to ]
Thanks for responding - I know you guyz are real busy on 0.7.

I'll have a look at the Python code. Is there a Python XSLT you can point me
at if I feel so-inclined?

Ticket import [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 18 May 2004 03:42 pm, Daragh Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I'll have a look at the Python code. Is there a Python XSLT you can point
> me at if I feel so-inclined?

The 4suite XML library is very good:

http://4suite.org/

The libxml2 python bindings also contain bindings for libxslt iirc.