2300 South Decker Lake Blvd
Salt Lake City, UT 84119 - USA
Easyplug Semiconductor
nathan.whitney at easyplug.com

"We must always tell what we see. Above all, and this is more difficult, we must always see what we see."
- Charles Peguy

Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Easyplug Inc.
subversion-python question [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

I like what I can see of the Trac demos and want to install it. I have
Suse Linux
9.0 and tried to install the rpm for Suse. There is a dependancy as follows:

subversion-python >= 1.0.0 is needed by trac-0.6.1-1

The more I read on the web the more confused I become as to what I need
to install
the overcome this dependancy. I have swig 1.3.19-156 and subversion
0.27.0-95
installed. Do I need to install the devel version of subversion (just
tried it
and it didn't help)? I also found the pysvn.tigris.org website with
py23_pysvn-0.9.0-svn-1.0.1-1.i386.RH90.rpm , but that doesn't seem right
either.
I did some searching on the Python website and anything on the subject of
subversion doesn't enlighten me. Where do I find the magic?

Thanks,
Nathan

--
"All your base are belong to Trogdor"
subversion-python question [ In reply to ]
Whitney Nathan (Easyplug) wrote:

> I like what I can see of the Trac demos and want to install it. I have Suse Linux 9.0 and tried to install the rpm for Suse. There is a dependancy as follows:
>
> subversion-python >= 1.0.0 is needed by trac-0.6.1-1
>
> The more I read on the web the more confused I become as to what I need to install the overcome this dependancy. I have swig 1.3.19-156 and subversion 0.27.0-95 installed. Do I need to install the devel version of subversion (just tried it and it didn't help)? I also found the pysvn.tigris.org website with py23_pysvn-0.9.0-svn-1.0.1-1.i386.RH90.rpm , but that doesn't seem right either. I did some searching on the Python website and anything on the subject of subversion doesn't enlighten me. Where do I find the magic?

(Looks like this wasn't answered yet, apologies if otherwise.)

It looks like pysvn is not what you want, and is not a direct subproject
from subversion, but rather a (potentially) complimentary effort.

Rather, subversion-python seems to be the official set of python
bindings from the subversion project, and what trac is probably asking
for in that message. At quick glance I don't see a prebuilt binary
subversion-python rpm file for SuSE, but if there is one somewhere, it
will probably have version numbers similar to the subversion-python
binary rpm for rh9 listed here:

http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/pub/subversion/latest/redhat-9.0/bin/

You might have to build some or all of that piece yourself.

Hope this helps. -Dan

--
Daniel Chudnov
Yale Center for Medical Informatics