Mailing List Archive

Configuration problem
Hi,

I'm trying to try out Trac and I have a problem which I believe is with
the configuration of apache. When I log in to Trac, I get the following
error from the browser:

Oops...

Trac detected an internal error:

No module named svn

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/trac/trac.py", line 254, in
main
real_main()
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/trac/trac.py", line 118, in
real_main
import sync
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/trac/sync.py", line 23, in ?
from svn import fs, util, delta, repos, core
ImportError: No module named svn

This seems like it should be a simple thing to fix. I thought that it
had to do with the PYTHONPATH env var not being set for the user running
the httpd process, but it is set correctly. I was able to run the
trac-admin initdb command correctly after setting the PYTHONPATH env
var.

Anyone have the quick answer for me? Thanks!

Kevin

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Configuration problem [ In reply to ]
Lee, Kevin wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I’m trying to try out Trac and I have a problem which I believe is with
> the configuration of apache. When I log in to Trac, I get the following
> error from the browser:
>

> Oops...
>

> Trac detected an internal error:
>

> No module named svn
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/trac/trac.py", line 254, in main
>
> real_main()
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/trac/trac.py", line 118, in real_main
>
> import sync
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/trac/sync.py", line 23, in ?
>
> from svn import fs, util, delta, repos, core
>
> ImportError: No module named svn
>

> This seems like it should be a simple thing to fix. I thought that it
> had to do with the PYTHONPATH env var not being set for the user running
> the httpd process, but it is set correctly. I was able to run the
> trac-admin initdb command correctly after setting the PYTHONPATH env var.

Yes, it looks like python is unable to find your svn-python bindings.
You can have apache set PYTHONPATH to the same value as you used to
run trac-admin.

This should work:

<Location "/cgi-bin/trac.cgi">
SetEnv PYTHONPATH "/the/value/you/used/when/running/trac-admin"
</Location>

/ Jonas
--
Jonas Borgström | Edgewall Software