I grabbed v387 of Trac 0.7pre and installed it on Python 2.3 and svn
1.0.1 on Windows. I am using this in standalone mode, no Apache.

Almost everything seems to be working OK. I can view timelines, and
changesets with diffs, etc., except that when I click the Login button
in my browser I get a HTTP 500 error. I tried creating a dummy
htdigest file but that didn't help. BTW, is there a htdigest program
available short of getting all of Apache?

Is this a Trac bug, or have I failed to configure something?

login broken with tracd? [ In reply to ]
Following up on my own post...

By fixing my command line to specify the Trac database (project)
rather than the Subversion repository (project)
-a --auth [project],[htdigest_file],[realm]
I got a little further, but am still stymied.

Using Opera 7.23 I get a login dialog with the correct realm, but it
always fails, probably because my .htdigest file is malformed. BTW,
the Trac pages do not display well on Opera; the buttons (Wiki,
Browser, Timeline,...) are misplaced, and the links above that bar
sometime appear at the bottom of the page.

Using Internet Explorer 6, I don't get a login dialog at all. IE seems
to ignore the 401 response, and I don't know why since it's supposed
to support digest authentication. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm
accessing Trac from a local network (actually, I'm accessing it on the
same machine, http://localhost/test.db). IE does pop up a login
dialog when I click the Login link on http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

So, I still need a way to make a .htdigest file, and if anyone knows
what I can do to make IE work locally, that would be nice.

Thanks.

login broken with tracd? [ In reply to ]
Doug Currie wrote:

> Following up on my own post...
>
> By fixing my command line to specify the Trac database (project)
> rather than the Subversion repository (project)
> -a --auth [project],[htdigest_file],[realm]
> I got a little further, but am still stymied.
>
> Using Opera 7.23 I get a login dialog with the correct realm, but it
> always fails, probably because my .htdigest file is malformed. BTW,
> the Trac pages do not display well on Opera; the buttons (Wiki,
> Browser, Timeline,...) are misplaced, and the links above that bar
> sometime appear at the bottom of the page.
>
> Using Internet Explorer 6, I don't get a login dialog at all. IE seems
> to ignore the 401 response, and I don't know why since it's supposed
> to support digest authentication. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm
> accessing Trac from a local network (actually, I'm accessing it on the
> same machine, http://localhost/test.db). IE does pop up a login
> dialog when I click the Login link on http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/
>
> So, I still need a way to make a .htdigest file, and if anyone knows
> what I can do to make IE work locally, that would be nice.

It looks like IE (and probably opera) doesn't support the digest auth
specified by rfc2069 (mozilla and safari does) and only the slightly
more complicated version documented in rfc2617.

I've updated the tracd implementation to comply with rfc2617 and
it seems to work with mozilla-firefox, safari, ie6 and opera6(mac).

Please let us know if the new version works.

Btw, I also noticed that opera6 didn't always reload pages. I'll have
to investigate why opera believes it's possible to cache these pages.

Thanks for reporting this!

/ Jonas
--
Jonas Borgstr?m | Edgewall Software
jonas@edgewall.com | Professional GNU/Linux & Open Source Consulting.
login broken with tracd? [ In reply to ]
Doug Currie wrote:

> Jonas,
>
> Well, what I should have said was: it works great the first time. Then
> if I log out and click Login again it reloads the page but leaves me
> logged in as anonymous.
>
> truffle - - [11/Apr/2004 15:28:42] "GET /test.db/login HTTP/1.1" 401 -
> truffle - - [11/Apr/2004 15:28:42] "GET /test.db/login HTTP/1.1" 302 -
> truffle - - [11/Apr/2004 15:28:42] "GET /test.db/wiki/TracGuide HTTP/1.1" 200 -
> Total request time: 0.0999999046326 seconds
>
> Fortunately, if I close the browser window, and try again, it works.
> So, this isn't a huge issue. Maybe it's related to the Opera caching
> problem.

It was because the session cookie sometimes got the wrong path and
this messed up newer authentication attempts. This should be fixed
now.

I also added a new headers to get opera from caching pages it
isn't supposed to. This only worked with opera7, opera6 ignored all
these headers. On the other hand, opera6 rendered the pages correct
but opera7 messed up with the navigation bar. We'll take a look at
that later.

/ Jonas
login broken with tracd? [ In reply to ]
Jonas,

Version 390 works much better with IE6 login, thanks!