.josh

Josh Burley
josh@kuci.org
python error [ In reply to ]
Joshua Burley wrote:

> I'm getting the following error:
> No module named svn
>
> Where/when does the svn module get installed? I went through my python
> modules to make sure it wasn't there (and it's not). Went through the svn
> docs, and noticed some python examples also referring to this module, but
> haven't been able to figure out where/when it gets installed.

Hi,

The svn module is installed in:

$prefix/lib/pythonx.y/site-packages/svn and
$prefix/lib/pythonx.y/site-packages/libsvn

If you compile subversion from source you have to remember to
run "make swig-py" and "make install-swig-py" (if I remember correctly).

/ Jonas
--
Jonas Borgstr?m | Edgewall Software
jonas@edgewall.com | Professional GNU/Linux & Open Source Consulting.
python error [ In reply to ]
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear... that's where I looked for those libraries.

I just spoke with a friend that's on the SVN project, and he said that by
default they aren't always installed, and you need to run:
gmake install-swig-py

However, I don't even have swig installed on this machine, so the work
continues... :)

.josh