Mailing List Archive

OT: Help to do something basic
I need help in assembling a pretty basic collection of things.

I'm trying to put together a basic filesystem and kernel for network
booting, here's what I basically need

Kernel 2.6.22

Busybox

Networking (dhcp, nfs client)

Fsck

Lynx

Reiserfstools

Dosfstools

Vim and nano ( emacs is preferred )

And svgalib

And .... A custom dir layout.

All of this needs to be reproducible by me, the instructions are enough
if it works and I can compile on a fedora core 6 box.

I'd like to, in the future add the following:

Static startup screen (for a logo)

Samba

Smbclientutils

Alsa

mono

Can someone help with this one, It would really help get this project
going.

I can tolerate an image size up to 75/100 mb (smaller the better)

The first person to deliver the following will get an amazon.com gift
card for $50:

* Working Configuration that boots to a commandline (bash or
busybox) without having to login

* Zipped up dev tree

* Complete Instructions (simple instructions in a txt file are
ok)

* Working binary root image

(not just a link to a site, and not using nalfs or something)

Authenticlick, Inc.
5757 Wilshire Boulevard | Penthouse One
Los Angeles, California 90036
Tel: 323.330.0404 x302 | Fax: 323.330.0755
email: jalifrangis@authenticlick.net
<mailto:jalifrangis@authenticlick.net>

Jacob Alifrangis

Director of Operations