itself. Being stuck with PASSWORDMARGIN and PASSWORDROW doesn't
really help me at all.

Is there a place to request such features?

Re: MENU PASSWORD options [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Hughes wrote:
> Are there any undocumented options for moving the PASSWORD box round
> the screen?
>
> It'd be nice to have the same support (WIDTH, HSHIFT etc) for
> PASSWORD boxes (and the other similar boxes) as you do for the MENU
> itself. Being stuck with PASSWORDMARGIN and PASSWORDROW doesn't
> really help me at all.
>
> Is there a place to request such features?

This is pretty much it. However, it would be useful if you could
express in more detail (more specifically) why it is you need something,
and perhaps propose a design.

-hpa

Re: MENU PASSWORD options [ In reply to ]
I've got a design that uses hshift to put the menu on the right-hand
side of the screen for branding purposes.

The problem comes when you get the password dialog come up all off
centred. It's not even centred in the middle of the screen (which
would be enough for now). I'd like to be able to be able to show the
password dialog under my menu with the same width and position.

On 25/06/2007, at 10:12 AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Geoffrey Hughes wrote:
>> Are there any undocumented options for moving the PASSWORD box round
>> the screen?
>>
>> It'd be nice to have the same support (WIDTH, HSHIFT etc) for
>> PASSWORD boxes (and the other similar boxes) as you do for the MENU
>> itself. Being stuck with PASSWORDMARGIN and PASSWORDROW doesn't
>> really help me at all.
>>
>> Is there a place to request such features?
>>

> This is pretty much it. However, it would be useful if you could
> express in more detail (more specifically) why it is you need
> something,
> and perhaps propose a design.
>
> -hpa

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Hughes
Web Developer/Application Programmer
University of Otago

Tel 64 3 479 5705
Fax 64 3 479 5015

Re: MENU PASSWORD options [ In reply to ]
Geoffrey Hughes wrote:
> I've got a design that uses hshift to put the menu on the right-hand
> side of the screen for branding purposes.
>
> The problem comes when you get the password dialog come up all off
> centred. It's not even centred in the middle of the screen (which
> would be enough for now). I'd like to be able to be able to show the
> password dialog under my menu with the same width and position.

I'm not quite following you. A picture would help.

-hpa