Mailing List Archive

vesamenu.c32 new command
hi list sorry my english is not perfect :(

im using pxeboot with vesamenu.c32 in default file
i load a backgroundpic (*.jpg) but the vesamenu border overlaps
pieces of my background picture ^^

my question is an all coders from syslinux can you make a MENU command like
topmargin

MENU LABEL xxxx
MENU WITH xx
MENU MARGIN xx (from left)

MENU TOPMARGIN xx (from top) <- new

to positioning the os-select-box himself

thanks

Re: vesamenu.c32 new command [ In reply to ]
Hi,

i think i always send a patch last october:

"The default start position of the menu box for is the first row of
the screen. I'm using the background image option and want
to have the menu on the middle of the screen.
With the attached patch it's possible to use the new config
switch "MENU STARTROW" to define the top row for the
menu box."
Re: vesamenu.c32 new command [ In reply to ]
Erik Lehmann wrote:

> i think i always send a patch last october:
>
> "The default start position of the menu box for is the first row of
> the screen. I'm using the background image option and want
> to have the menu on the middle of the screen.
> With the attached patch it's possible to use the new config
> switch "MENU STARTROW" to define the top row for the
> menu box."
>
> I don't know why it's not included yet.

This patch doesn't apply against current sources. Could you please
update it?

-hpa

Re: vesamenu.c32 new command [ In reply to ]
Am 17.05.2007 23:04 Uhr schrieb "H. Peter Anvin" unter <hpa@zytor.com>:

> Erik Lehmann wrote:
>>
>> i think i always send a patch last october:
>>
>> "The default start position of the menu box for is the first row of
>> the screen. I'm using the background image option and want
>> to have the menu on the middle of the screen.
>> With the attached patch it's possible to use the new config
>> switch "MENU STARTROW" to define the top row for the
>> menu box."
>>
>> I don't know why it's not included yet.
>>

> This patch doesn't apply against current sources. Could you please
> update it?

I patched the actual source today, but i'll need a few days for testing.
I'll send the new patch after test will be completed.

Best regards
Erik Lehmann