Mailing List Archive

[pxelinux] Config file question, possible to use mac address files and default file at the same time?
Hi...

I was wondering... I've got a default file that I change quite often, lots of choises... Then I've got exception files... Based on mac addresses... Like pxelinux does quite well.

Now... Is there a way to include the default file.. (or any other file for that matter) so you could have a common config for all these files... So the exceptions just contain the actual changes.

For example:

An default file
---------------------
onerror reload
display menu.txt
prompt 1
timeout 30
default windows

Label windows
kernel images/myboot.0
append keeppxe

Label otherthingy
kernel images/otherboot.0
append keeppxe

Label ..... <And so on>

An exeption file: 01-00-aa-bb-cc-dd-ee
--------------------------------------
include default
say This is an exception file for my client
default otherthingy

This would make it sooo much easier to maintain the pxe config.
Is this possible... Or can it be made possible?

Best regards
Thorbjørn

Re: [pxelinux] Config file question, possible to use mac address files and default file at the same time? [ In reply to ]
Thorbjoern.Skistad@kongsberg.com wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I was wondering... I've got a default file that I change quite often, lots of choises... Then I've got exception files... Based on mac addresses... Like pxelinux does quite well.
>
> Now... Is there a way to include the default file.. (or any other file for that matter) so you could have a common config for all these files... So the exceptions just contain the actual changes.

It is possible if and only if you're using the simple menu system, in
which case you can use "menu include". Otherwise you'll have to use a
Makefile system on the server side.

-hpa

Re: [pxelinux] Config file question, possible to use mac address files and default file at the same time? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

please do not reply to a post, if you are not meaning to do so,
i. e. if you are actually intending to open a new thread.

Some people and/or mail clients rely on the "Message-ID/In-Reply-To" information
from the message headers when grouping postings into threads.

Cheers,
Axel

Thorbjoern.Skistad@kongsberg.com wrote:
> Hi...