with MEMDISK?

If so what utility is required?

Rob
Creating hard disk image in DOS [ In reply to ]
rob beard (JIC) wrote:
> I was wondering if it is possible to create a hard disk image in DOS for use
> with MEMDISK?
>
> If so what utility is required?

fdisk, format, and sys.

If what you're asking is "can I make a file look like a disk in DOS so I
can prepare a disk image in a file", that's a lot harder. You'd
probably need some kind of special device driver for that, or use DOSEMU.

-hpa
Creating hard disk image in DOS [ In reply to ]
What you might be able to do is get a functioning dos/windows setup.
Then boot off a floppy based linux distro... Then

dd if=/dev/yourdisk of=/mnt/nfs/image.file

that hard disk to a file on the network.