implementation question for syslinux
hi, I have an old 486 which does not have a boot-from-cd option in the bios.
I also have a boot-from-cd distro of linux that I would like to run. I was
wondering if it was possible to get your floppy boot disks to pass boot
control over to the cdrom and make it act like the floppy was never needed
ie. load everything from the cd. I'm sorry if my question if vague.

thank you
Nathan Cook
implementation question for syslinux [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:01:02 EST, ClimbnRok@aol.com wrote:

>hi, I have an old 486 which does not have a boot-from-cd option in the bios.
>I also have a boot-from-cd distro of linux that I would like to run. I was
>wondering if it was possible to get your floppy boot disks to pass boot
>control over to the cdrom and make it act like the floppy was never needed
Do you want to build a floppy that will just pass control over to the CD,
right?
I don't know if this is possible, but since you still have to use a floppy,
then why don't you use the floppy provided by your distro?
Usually you'll find a floppy image on the CD that will boot the system and
then the install will go-on using the CD.

--
giulioo@pobox.com