they reflect this requirement?

Thanks,

James Martin
addendum to syslinux/ tftp-hpa docs [ In reply to ]
James S. Martin wrote:

> After a few days of troubleshooting, we finally determined why we were
> having problems. It seems as though the tftp-hpa daemon requires the
> MTU of the interface it's running on to be >= 1500. We had the MTU set
> at 1400 (don't ask why) and the PXE client was receiving fragmented
> packets and failing. As soon as we set it to over 1500, it worked fine.
>
> hpa,
>
> Could you please update your syslinux/pxelinux and/or tftp-hpa docs so
> they reflect this requirement?

Hmm... the problem is that what you're seeing isn't the tftp-hpa daemon
doing anything wrong, what you're seeing is a bug in your PXE stack. I'll
add it to the "broken hardware info" page.

-hpa
addendum to syslinux/ tftp-hpa docs [ In reply to ]
Peter,

Is the problem that a PXE client, running on Ethernet, should not assume
that the MTU is at least 1500? Do you think that it probably doesn't
support IP segment reassembly?

Thanks,
John

addendum to syslinux/ tftp-hpa docs [ In reply to ]
Cagle, John wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Is the problem that a PXE client, running on Ethernet, should not assume
> that the MTU is at least 1500? Do you think that it probably doesn't
> support IP segment reassembly?

It's probably either not supporting reassembly, or more likely, completely
buggy in that area.

-hpa