Mailing List Archive

Re: [spf-discuss] Practical implementation of SRS for Exim 4.
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 10:06 -0600, wayne wrote:
> I think this is a postfix thing. Exim uses the null sender.

Indeed. Exim also seems to lower-case the address under test when doing
verification callouts -- which I consider to be a bug and have reported
in the appropriate forum.

That's part of the reason I implemented case insensitivity -- but I
think that _does_ make sense in the general case too.

> Interesting. This *is* SRS implemented entirely in Exim's config
> langauge, right?

It is. You've seen the demonstration that Exim's config language is
Turing-complete, right? http://dotat.at/writing/exim-turing.conf

> Just out of curiosity, why do you use MD5 for the hash instead of
> SHA1?

No reason. Fewer characters to type, perhaps? :)

BTW, apologies for posting to the SPF list rather than the SRS list by
accident. I've moved it back again now, at the risk of losing context.

--
dwmw2

-------