Mailing List Archive

Re: [spf-devel] ANNOUNCE: libsrs v0.2 beta
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Couzens" <jcouzens@obscurity.org>
To: "SPF DEVEL" <spf-devel@v2.listbox.com>; "SPF-DISCUSS"
<spf-discuss@v2.listbox.com>; "SRS-DISCUSS" <srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 4:39 AM
Subject: [spf-devel] ANNOUNCE: libsrs v0.2 beta

At some point I would not mind seeing a program like /usr/bin/srs, only then
compiled in C. Qmail patches are cute and all, but something generic,
stand-alone, would not hurt either. Any chance of that happening?

Regards,

- Mark

System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,
we wouldn't call it code." - FedEx

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: Re: [spf-devel] ANNOUNCE: libsrs v0.2 beta [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 20:40, Mark wrote:
> At some point I would not mind seeing a program like /usr/bin/srs, only then
> compiled in C. Qmail patches are cute and all, but something generic,
> stand-alone, would not hurt either. Any chance of that happening?

Since the initial release libsrs has had a binary to do just that. See
the tools directory. It doesn't read from stdin yet, but that will be a
part of 0.3. Just running ./srs without options will produce a list of
options usable.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,
Programmer
Re: Re: [spf-devel] ANNOUNCE: libsrs v0.2 beta [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 20:40, Mark wrote:

> > At some point I would not mind seeing a program like /usr/bin/srs,
> > only then compiled in C. Qmail patches are cute and all, but something
> > generic, stand-alone, would not hurt either. Any chance of that
> > happening?

> Since the initial release libsrs has had a binary to do just that. See
> the tools directory. It doesn't read from stdin yet, but that will be a
> part of 0.3. Just running ./srs without options will produce a list of
> options usable.

Great! Only thing is, I seem to be missing a library ("../libsrs.a"):

asarian-host: {root} % gmake
cc -Wall -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DDEBUG -DVDEBUG -DSRS_PROFILE
-o shared srs.o -lsrs
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lsrs
gmake: *** [shared] Error 1

asarian-host: {root} % gmake static
gmake: *** No rule to make target `../libsrs.a', needed by `static'. Stop.

Cheers,

Re: Re: [spf-devel] ANNOUNCE: libsrs v0.2 beta [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 09:46, Mark wrote:
> Great! Only thing is, I seem to be missing a library ("../libsrs.a"):
>
> asarian-host: {root} % gmake
> cc -Wall -ggdb3 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DDEBUG -DVDEBUG -DSRS_PROFILE
> -o shared srs.o -lsrs
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lsrs
> gmake: *** [shared] Error 1
>
> asarian-host: {root} % gmake static
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `../libsrs.a', needed by `static'. Stop.

You need to compile libsrs first in order to use the tools.

try:

cd libsrs.2
make
make install
cd tools
make static or make shared
make install

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,
Programmer
Re: Re: [spf-devel] ANNOUNCE: libsrs v0.2 beta [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 21:01, Mark wrote:

> While I have yo on the line, though, I am still having trouble making the
> standalone srs tool.

Its the ordering of the header files. I'll fix it, *bsd is a little
picky about their ordering give its differences in header files. stdlib
is stdlib no? ;) I should probably point the finger at GNU.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,