Stephan

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: SRS_ENOTREWRITTEN? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 11:24 +0200, Stephan Menzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> And yet another question I would like to bother you with...
> When srs_reverse() gives SRS_ENOTREWRITTEN back as subtye of SRS_ERRTYPE_NONE,
> what exactly does that mean?
> The API description just sais
> "The address was not rewritten, probably because the configuration denies
> forwards or reverse rewriting"
>
> I don't know how to react. The timestamp has expired or something like that?

No, I think the second half of that message is confusing. It means you
fed in an email address which wasn't an SRS address, i.e. did not start
with SRS[01][-+=].

You can check whether an address is an SRS address using the
SRS_IS_SRS_ADDRESS(x) macro. Note that this macro evaluates its argument
more than once.

S.

--
Shevek <shevek@anarres.org>

-------
Re: SRS_ENOTREWRITTEN? [ In reply to ]
Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2005 16:02 schrieb Shevek:
> No, I think the second half of that message is confusing. It means you
> fed in an email address which wasn't an SRS address, i.e. did not start
> with SRS[01][-+=].

Now I'm confused.
I thought this is SRS_ENOTSRSADDRESS.
So is SRS_ENOTSRSADDRESS the same as SRS_ENOTREWRITTEN ?

Stephan

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: SRS_ENOTREWRITTEN? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 16:21 +0200, Stephan Menzel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2005 16:02 schrieb Shevek:
> > No, I think the second half of that message is confusing. It means you
> > fed in an email address which wasn't an SRS address, i.e. did not start
> > with SRS[01][-+=].
>
> Now I'm confused.
> I thought this is SRS_ENOTSRSADDRESS.
> So is SRS_ENOTSRSADDRESS the same as SRS_ENOTREWRITTEN ?

My bad. ENOTSRSADDRESS says that it was unable to rewrite the address
because it didn't start with SRS[01][-+=].

ENOTREWRITTEN says that you have either set noforward or noreverse in
the library as an explicit configuration variable to prevent the type of
rewriting you have now requested.

The latter was a feature requested by some users who wanted to make sure
that their MTA never rewrote addresses in one direction or the other.

S.

--
Shevek <shevek@anarres.org>

-------