implementation documentation or paths they could lead me down.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 11:00 -0600, Clayton Keller wrote:
> I have been looking around and googling for information regarding
> implementing SRS with Qmail. I have seen the information provided by
> Greg Wooledge, but wanted to find out if anyone has any other good
> implementation documentation or paths they could lead me down.

As far as I can tell, almost nobody is willing to touch the qmail
source, either out of fear, lack of interest, personal hatred of DJB, or
inability to understand his total reimplementation of libc.

If you're not tied into qmail for commercial reasons, I suggest looking
at exim, which is much simpler and more powerful, is currently
maintained, and doesn't have the religion of reimplementing libc,
although the indentation in exim is nearly as horrible as that in qmail.

S.

--
Shevek <shevek@anarres.org>

-------
Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 05:55:10PM +0000, Shevek wrote:
> If you're not tied into qmail for commercial reasons, I suggest looking
> at exim, which is much simpler and more powerful, is currently
> maintained, and doesn't have the religion of reimplementing libc,
> although the indentation in exim is nearly as horrible as that in qmail.

But at least ph10 includes comments :-)

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Shevek wrote:

> As far as I can tell, almost nobody is willing to touch the qmail
> source, either out of fear, lack of interest, personal hatred of DJB, or
> inability to understand his total reimplementation of libc.

Although I'm an Exim bigot, I should probably mention that qmail users who
want an smtpd which doesn't accept everything might like to use qpsmtpd,
which is a suped-up perl reimplementation of qmail's smtpd.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
SOUTHEAST FITZROY: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8 AT FIRST. SHOWERS.

-------
Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Shevek wrote:
>
>>As far as I can tell, almost nobody is willing to touch the qmail
>>source, either out of fear, lack of interest, personal hatred of DJB, or
>>inability to understand his total reimplementation of libc.
>

> Although I'm an Exim bigot, I should probably mention that qmail users who
> want an smtpd which doesn't accept everything might like to use qpsmtpd,
> which is a suped-up perl reimplementation of qmail's smtpd.
>
> Tony.

Thanks everyone.

Maybe this is something I should pose to the Qmail lists.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
Le Lundi 21 Mars 2005 18:55, Shevek a écrit :

> As far as I can tell, almost nobody is willing to touch the qmail
> source, either out of fear, lack of interest, personal hatred of DJB, or
> inability to understand his total reimplementation of libc.

And what about Postfix ? ;-)

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E
Appel de 200 Informaticiens pour le NON au Traité Constitutionnel

Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum!

-------
Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
What is Q-Mail? What is SRS-Discuss?

Re: Qmail Patch Info [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 20:19 +0100, Michel Bouissou wrote:
> Le Lundi 21 Mars 2005 18:55, Shevek a écrit :
> >
> > As far as I can tell, almost nobody is willing to touch the qmail
> > source, either out of fear, lack of interest, personal hatred of DJB, or
> > inability to understand his total reimplementation of libc.

Well, it turned out that the fault with the postfix patch was due to the
web server mangling it on the way out. I have therefore fixed the web
server. There is a known issue with forward files. I intend to buy
someone beer this weekend in the hope of getting it fixed, since he's a
better postfix coder than I am.

Unless anyone volunteers in the meantime?

S.

--
Shevek <shevek@anarres.org>

-------
Re: Postfix Patch Info [Was: Qmail Patch Info] [ In reply to ]
Le Mardi 29 Mars 2005 19:09, Shevek a écrit :

> Well, it turned out that the fault with the postfix patch was due to the
> web server mangling it on the way out. I have therefore fixed the web
> server.

Really ? Well, the version I had didn't seem broken by the server; it did
patch and compile, but then Postfix badly failed...

It's been something like 9 months since I last tried it, so I haven't got a
very fresh memory about where the problem exactly was. I only remember local
crashing when performing reverse SRS, or something like this...

> There is a known issue with forward files. I intend to buy
> someone beer this weekend in the hope of getting it fixed, since he's a
> better postfix coder than I am.

Here's a cup of virtual beer to give a little help: => U

For the time being, I've been performing SRS thru a .procmailrc file for a
reduced number of users... Kind of an ugly workaround ;-)

By the way, could it be possible to have a "srs" commandline utility that
would accept a "srs_maxage" parameter ?

Cheers.

--
Michel Bouissou <michel@bouissou.net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E
Appel de 200 Informaticiens pour le NON au Traité Constitutionnel
Européen: http://www.200informaticiens.ras.eu.org

La liberté est comme une flèche lancée en direction du ciel...
les fous et les poètes espèrent qu'elle l'atteindra,
les politiciens attendent qu'elle retombent ,
les sages en aiguisent une autre.
-- Un sage Chinois.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com