Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
RE: Re[2]: [srs-discuss] Help - How to unwind an SRS address? [ In reply to ]

Exactly. :) That was my point precisely; if you 'unwind' the SRS address
before writing the Return-Path, an LDA like procmail, or processing agent
like SA, can no longer do the SPF check on the SRS address. Best,
therefore, to leave the SRS address exposed to the recipient in at least
the Return-Path.

- Mark

System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,
we wouldn't call it code." - FedEx

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=srs-discuss@v2.listbox.com
Re: [srs-discuss] Help - How to unwind an SRS address? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Chris Drake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please can someone give me a regex or *simple* instructions on how to
> reconstruct the real senders email address from an SRS one (pref
> without installing anything)?

I haven't checked this. And I did put a few extra (?:) constructs in to
clarify the blocks. I used [^=]+ to match each section.

HH0 T0 domain user
HH1 T1 fwdomain

SRS addresses are those matching ^SRS[01][-+=] as noted by Mark.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
Robust Sender Policy Framework (SPF) http://www.libspf2.org/