Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: ip6 format? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

From the SPF-classic draft (http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200406.txt):

--------
4.7 "ip4" and "ip6"

These mechanisms test if the <sending-host> falls into a given IP
network.

IP4 = "ip4" ":" ip4-network [ ip4-cidr-length ]
IP6 = "ip6" ":" ip6-network [ ip6-cidr-length ]
ip4-cidr-length = "/" 1*DIGIT
ip6-cidr-length = "/" 1*DIGIT

ip4-network = dotted-quad notation
ip6-network = conventional IPv6 notation
--------

So that's the string ip6, followed by a colon : followed by the conventional IPv6 notation, clarified a bit later on in appendix A with:

ip6-network = as in [RFC2373] [15], e.g. 12AB:0:0:CD30

Koen

Btw: the current ietf draft has the same wordings.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:40:41PM +1000, Carl Brewer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone let me know of what the format is for
> ip6 addresses. As IPv6 uses : as a delimiter for
> address segments in standard notation, eg
> 3ffe:8001:5:2::2
>
> Would that work as ip6:3ffe:8001:5:2::2 or is
> some other format required? There's no mention of
> ip6 addresses in the setup wizard on spf.pobox.com
> nor any examples I could quickly find.
>
> thanks!
>
> Carl
>

> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your
> subscription, please go to
> http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
Re: ip6 format? [ In reply to ]
Carl Brewer wrote:

> There's no mention of ip6 addresses in the setup wizard on
> spf.pobox.com nor any examples I could quickly find.

The current draft-ietf-marid-protocol-00.txt says on page 27:

| ip6-network = as per [RFC 3513], section 2.2,
| e.g. 12AB:0:0::CD30

Bye, Frank

-------
Re: ip6 format? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:03:58AM +0200,
Koen Martens <spf@metro.cx> wrote
a message of 69 lines which said:

> From the SPF-classic draft (http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200406.txt):
> ip6-network = as in [RFC2373] [15], e.g. 12AB:0:0:CD30

Which is *not* a legal IPv6 address (the bug has been reported weeks
ago).

-------
Re: Re: ip6 format? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:42:02AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:03:58AM +0200,
> Koen Martens <spf@metro.cx> wrote
> a message of 69 lines which said:
>
> > From the SPF-classic draft (http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-200406.txt):
> > ip6-network = as in [RFC2373] [15], e.g. 12AB:0:0:CD30
>
> Which is *not* a legal IPv6 address (the bug has been reported weeks
> ago).

I don't think the spf-classic spec is being maintained anymore, but the reference to rfc2373 says enough i think?

Koen

Re: ip6 format? [ In reply to ]
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

>> e.g. 12AB:0:0:CD30

> Which is *not* a legal IPv6 address (the bug has been
> reported weeks ago).

BTW, yesterday we got a new Rfc 3849 for IPv6 examples:
<ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3849.txt>

The new example in draft-ietf-marid-protocol-00.txt is
| e.g. 12AB:0:0::CD30

Maybe it should be changed in a future protocol-01.txt to
| e.g. 2001:DB8::CD30
Bye, Frank