Essentially, how is the MTA itself validated when 'exists' is used?

I must be missing something here.. what is it?

thanks a lot,

Murthy Gorty.

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Use of exists mechansim in SPF [ In reply to ]
Murthy Gorty wrote:

> 'foo.com' domain implments 'exists' mechanism with an SPF
> record 'v=spf1 exists:foo.com -all' Can't an email forger
> send from any arbitrary IP address and say MAIL From:
> ceo@foo.com ?

Yes. The 'exists' mechanism makes more sense with macros.
e.g. "-exists:%{ir}.bl.spamcop.net" would be "IP not listed
by spamcop.net". Still dubious, but there are also some
white lists organized in this way (bondedsender etc.)

You could also create a list of all users, and macros could
then check the existence of the local parts. Bye, Frank

-------