Mailing List Archive

Hello. A newbie question.
Hello there.

I just found in my mail server discussion list a referal to SPF method. I
readed already the docs to set up the TXT records SPF needs in my domain
zone, but I think I'm missing something because when I do the test at SPF
Tools at InfinitePenguins.Net I found this:

spfquery (reference implementation) says:

Received-SPF: unknown (heifong.phase.org: domain of sagonzal@sky.net.co
does not designate permitted sender hosts)

PHP spf1_parser says:

Received-SPF: unknown (no rule found)

I already register my domain in the infinitepenguins web form but I think
the answer aboce says there is no such record registered.

What I did to my domain zone was to add the two TXT records the wizard told
me to.

What else should I do?.

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez
Director Operativo
Network and Services Field Manager
SkyNet de Colombia.
Calle 100 No. 8A-55 Of. 711
Bogota, Cundinamarca
Colombia, South America.
Tel: 57 (+1) 6 422 020
Cel: 57 (+3)/(03315) 3551034
Pager: 5405555, 3469999 Cod 2010

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
RE: Hello. A newbie question. [ In reply to ]

When I use DigIt, I do not see a TXT record published for your domain:

http://us.mirror.menandmice.com/cgi-bin/DoDig?host=&domain=sky.net.co&type=T
XT&recur=on

So, I believe that the spfquery result is correct.

> mail through
> 216.72.197.18)

There are SPF guessing rules defined in the spec if no SPF record is found
to be published.

> PHP spf1_parser says:
>
> Received-SPF: unknown (no rule found)

Same as spfquery

> I already register my domain in the infinitepenguins web form but I think
> the answer aboce says there is no such record registered.

Registering is not required for SPF to work.

> What I did to my domain zone was to add the two TXT records the
> wizard told
> me to.

This does not appear to have spread through the DNS systems yet.

> What else should I do?.

The TXT records have to be in the public DNS records for your domain. If
your domain has a long Time To Live (TTL), then maybe you just need to wait
for the TXT records to propagate.

Scott Kitterman

-------
RE: Hello. A newbie question. [ In reply to ]
Also make sure you update the Serial Number of the
DNS zone file, and make sure you stop/start/reload
named.

--
Steve