these SPF checkers, it saves our users lots of headaches and has really
worked great with postfix so far.

Ryan

Re: Help [ In reply to ]
On 1-Apr-09, at 3:41 PM, Ryan Joiner wrote:

> Hey, guys! I had a quick question regarding SPF record setup. We
> have someone who is trying to email us from theirdomain.com. So
> when postfix sees them connecting in to give use their mail, it says
> connection from theirdomain.com. Then it does the SPF check and it
> sais that it fails because they are sending from their exchange
> server which is named a completely different name svr-
> exchange.sta.exchange.com. So we keep rejecting their mail. They
> have setup SPF records for their domain, but I think what really
> needs to happen is that they need to change the name of the mail
> sender to match their own domains. Is there a way to at least
> whitelist "svr-exchange.sta.exchange.com" and the"theirdomain.com"
> in the mean time just to let their mail through?
> Thanks guys! we appreciate all the hard work and thanks for creating
> these SPF checkers, it saves our users lots of headaches and has
> really worked great with postfix so far.
>
> Ryan

Yes, their is a way to whitelist them but it depends on how you've
configured Postfix to check SPF.

Run the following terminal command 'postconf -n' and post up the
results.

--
Gino Cerullo

Pixel Point Studios
21 Chesham Drive
Toronto, ON M3M 1W6

416-247-7740

Re: Help [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 20:41, Ryan Joiner <ryan@joinerlink.com> wrote:
> Hey, guys!  I had a quick question regarding SPF record setup.  We have
> someone who is trying to email us from theirdomain.com.  So when postfix
> sees them connecting in to give use their mail, it says connection from
> theirdomain.com.  Then it does the SPF check and it sais that it fails
> because they are sending from their exchange server which is named a
> completely different name svr-exchange.sta.exchange.com.  So we keep
> rejecting their mail.  They have setup SPF records for their domain, but I
> think what really needs to happen is that they need to change the name of
> the mail sender to match their own domains.

Actually, what they need to do is fix their SPF record. That the
exchange server has a different name from their domain really doesn't
matter.

They either have to:

a) List their Exchange server (by IP or hostname)

b) Fix their broken SPF record

However as you've hidden the domain it's impossible to say which ;)

--
Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Help [ In reply to ]
> Then it does the SPF check and it sais that it fails
> because they are sending from their exchange server which is named a
> completely different name svr-exchange.sta.exchange.com.

That's not an SPF failure.

If you tell us a bit more detail (don't obscure domain names - we need to
check your records if we are to help), someone will help find out the real
reason for the rejection.

Vic.