From: owner-spf-help@v2.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-spf-help@v2.listbox.com] On Behalf Of Dennis Duval
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:48 PM
To: spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Subject: [SPF-FAIL] - Re: [spf-help] SPF problem with a recipient who is
forwarding mail - Sender is probably forged (SPF Softfail)

spf2@kitterman.com wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for the info and comments, Scott.

The domain owner says he has tested his mail forwarding with mail sent
from the following domains:

rocketmail.com, mindspring.com, symantec.com, microsoft.com, aol.com,
bbnm.enewsjournal.net, hp.com, cox.net, firetrust.com, zianet.com,
apc.com, avus.com,charter.net, myrealbox.com

Many of these have published SPF records, notably aol.com. Could it be
possible that megapathdsl.net is giving an SPF free pass to aol.com and
the other 'big guys'? If so, it totally defeats the whole system, and
ulitmately leaves small ISP's like seacove.net to deal with the
customers of companies like critical path who could really care less
about SPF or how well their forwarding works.

Dennis Duval

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
subscription, please go to
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

This email is intended only for the named recipents. All email is monitored and archived for compliance requirements.
The views or context in this message may not reflect the view or context of the company.
RE: [SPF-FAIL] - Re: SPF problem with a recipient who is forwarding mail - Sender is probably forged (SPF Softfail) [ In reply to ]
Im a little concerned something isnt setup correctly with my SPF
record. My mail server is telling me mails I sent out are failing SPf
(Read Subject) My situation is pretty basic. I have one MX record
handling mail but I also send mail from behind my firewall which I added
in manually to make it look like this:

"v=spf1 mx ip4:64.89.86.66 -all"

Is this giving me a soft fail because its coming through the 'list'?
Here is the first part of the original header:

portent.listbox.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id B0DE288D5A

So my initial IP listed is my ip4: address unless Im doing something
incorrect.

Thx

Re: [SPF-FAIL] - Re: SPF problem with a recipient who is forwarding mail - Sender is probably forged (SPF Softfail) [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:03:01AM -0400, Benjamin Zachary wrote:
> "v=spf1 mx ip4:64.89.86.66 -all"
>
> Is this giving me a soft fail because its coming through the 'list'?
> Here is the first part of the original header:

Who is giving you a soft fail?? -all gives you a hard fail imho..

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------