Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPF records for virtual hosts? [ In reply to ]
Jim wrote:
>Do I need to worry about an SPF record for those virtual domains since the mail exchanger has an SPF record?

Worry? Nah. But you probably want to publish SPF data for them.

>Do I need to do something special for each virtual domains zonefile?

Nothing special. Sounds like a simple "v=spf1 mx -all" would be perfect.

After all, only you, your staff, and your customers (and now
spf-help readers) know that the domains are virtual. Spammers
don't care about virtual when they forge envelope senders. In
fact, even if you have a virtual domain which "never" sends
email, SPF data is a good idea.

Enjoy!

Len

-------
Re: SPF records for virtual hosts? [ In reply to ]
At 19:50 09/03/2004, Leonard Mills wrote:
>Infact, even if you have a virtual domain which "never" sends
>email, SPF data is a good idea.

Indeed, as SPF data will prevent that domain from being falsely used to
originate SPAM to SPF checkers.

Doug

-------