something wrong with the TXT record?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Noman Salim.

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Problems with delivery after adding SPF [ In reply to ]
hmm, for lifescript.com?

trouble connecting to mail servers onyx and opal

onyx.irvine.ilinkmd.com: Connection closed before I received all my data
(state 1). Your mailserver disconnected before it was done! This may be
the result of a non-RFC-compliant mailserver or anti-spam program.
opal.irvine.ilinkmd.com: Connection closed before I received all my data
(state 1). Your mailserver disconnected before it was done! This may be
the result of a non-RFC-compliant mailserver or anti-spam program.

are messages hitting que01 and que02? i don't think they need to be 80
priority..

wes

RE: Problems with delivery after adding SPF [ In reply to ]
We use onxy to receive and que01 and que02 to send, so I have the
priority for que01,que02 set to low (80).
The error is with the receiving servers but I dunno why the sending
server que02 is having problems connecting to hotmail.

Any suggestions?

Re: Problems with delivery after adding SPF [ In reply to ]
Just a thought.

There is a known conflict with Bind if the last record in the zone file
is an SPF.

RE: Problems with delivery after adding SPF [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the advice.
Is there any example you can give for a dummy TXT record that I can add
as this is the first time I've added a TXT record.

Re: Problems with delivery after adding SPF [ In reply to ]
Ed Ewing <ed@ewingcreative.com> wrote:

>There is a known conflict with Bind if the last record in the zone file
>is an SPF.

Almost right; there is a known problem with at least one versions of bind 9
if the last record in a zone is a TXT record _AND_ the TXT record does not
end with a newline.

Len

-------
Re: Problems with delivery after adding SPF [ In reply to ]
Hi,

If there would be something wrong with the spf record, connections would
still be accepted by hotmail. Only if your sending ip does not match the
MAIL FROM domain's spf record, would the mail be rejected. In this case,
mail would not accumulate in your queue, rather it would be send back to
the sender with an error msg.

Koen

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:52:50PM -0700, Noman Salim wrote:

> We just added an SPF TXT record in the Zone file and for some reason,
> hotmail would not accept any connections from us and now we have around
> 100,000 messages in the queue. Any idea if that is because there is
> something wrong with the TXT record?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
> Noman Salim.
>
> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------