DNS servers.

Thanks.

V.S.

Re: How to add spf record into Windows DNS [ In reply to ]
Hi V.S.

Here is the long version :)

1) Open the DNS Console.
2) Expand the Forward Lookup Zones.
3) Right Click on the Domain.
4) Left Click on Other New Records.
5) Find "TXT"
6) Click "Create Record"
7) Paste the SPF text into the box. Get rid of any double quotes (")
This GUI will add it's own.
8) Click OK.

Regards

Bob Davis

Subject: [spf-help] How to add spf record into Windows DNS
Author: "Tutor All" <tutor4all@hotmail.com> at Internet
Date: 8/17/2004 12:45 PM

I have 2 windows2k DNS servers. I wonder how to add spf record into those
DNS servers.

Thanks.

V.S.

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: How to add spf record into Windows DNS [ In reply to ]
Don't these windows dns servers come with a manual or something??
Anyway, look for the option to add TXT records, add your spf record as a
TXT record.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:45:46PM -0500, Tutor All wrote:
> I have 2 windows2k DNS servers. I wonder how to add spf record into those
> DNS servers.
>
> Thanks.
>
> V.S.

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
RE: How to add spf record into Windows DNS [ In reply to ]
The only way I found to add them to my 2003 server was to edit the
domain.name.dns file directly using notepad to add the TXT data. The files
are stored in the Windows directory in the system32\dns folder (i.e.
c:\windows\system32\dns\domain.name.dns)

Ed.

Re[2]: How to add spf record into Windows DNS [ In reply to ]
Hi Koen,

As was pointed out by Ed, these instructions are Windows 2000
specific.

Bob