Mailing List Archive

Forwarding
Hi,

i have installed SPF for my domain cyberfu.dk
Yet i have send a mail to a friend
blah@blah.tld

this adress is a forward address to blah@gmx.at

therefore blah.tld is the mailserver the connect to gmx.at
the ip from blah.tld is not on my dns list and i get an error from gmx.

how can i fix this problem?

i hope you understand what i mean :)
thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / kind regards
Nicolas Wimmer
Re: Forwarding [ In reply to ]
Nicolas Wimmer wrote:

> i have installed SPF for my domain cyberfu.dk
> Yet i have send a mail to a friend
> blah@blah.tld

> this adress is a forward address to blah@gmx.at

[...]

> how can i fix this problem?

You shouldn't, it's the problem of your friend, he cannot
simply forward his inbound to a SPF-recipient forging your
MAIL FROM. Works as designed.

If you're really desperate add the IP used by blah.tld to
your sender policy, something like ?a:blah.tld
--
Bye, Frank

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
Re: Forwarding [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Your friend needs to get srs implemented at the forwarder's site, or
else whitelist the forwarder in gmx.at's spf check.

For more info on SRS you (or your friend) should read Shevek's paper on
http://www.libsrs2.org/docs/index.html .

Koen

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:58:10AM +0200, Nicolas Wimmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have installed SPF for my domain cyberfu.dk
> Yet i have send a mail to a friend
> blah@blah.tld
>
> this adress is a forward address to blah@gmx.at
>
> therefore blah.tld is the mailserver the connect to gmx.at
> the ip from blah.tld is not on my dns list and i get an error from gmx.
>
> how can i fix this problem?
>
> i hope you understand what i mean :)
> thanks
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüssen / kind regards
> Nicolas Wimmer

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
RE: Forwarding [ In reply to ]
Hi Frank,

>If you're really desperate add the IP used by blah.tld to
>your sender policy, something like ?a:blah.tld

yes this is a good idea..
But, when i send a mail to a user, which is not my friend..
i can't add every mailserver in my whitelist(?)

Maybe anyone can help me in German? ;-)

Re: RE: Forwarding [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 05:57:08PM +0200, Nicolas Wimmer wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> >If you're really desperate add the IP used by blah.tld to
> >your sender policy, something like ?a:blah.tld
>
> yes this is a good idea..
> But, when i send a mail to a user, which is not my friend..
> i can't add every mailserver in my whitelist(?)
>
> Maybe anyone can help me in German? ;-)

Your friend needs to get SRS implemented on the forwarding server, and
in the meantime he should whitelist this forwarding server on his
receiving (spf-checking) server.

Koen