Mailing List Archive

.forward implies recipients must whitelist forwarding hosts
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 12:02:48PM -0700, Ted Cabeen wrote:

| There's also scenario 3, where HP whitelists pobox.com, allowing this
| kind of forwarding from any IP that forward and back DNS verifies as a
| subdomain of pobox.com. We could even create DNS-based whitelists
| that reject forwarded mail from a domain unless it shows up in such a
| whitelist.

This is a good solution. I will specify a Colander module that allows
users to perform whitelisting.

Colander is a pluggable SMTP proxy daemon with per-user filtering. It
will form the basis of pobox's next round of spam filters.

| Quick note: I think that SPF also breaks /etc/aliases mailing lists
| as well. Are people who have simple lists like this also going to
| have to move to something larger with sender-address rewriting?

yes, they should use a real MLM.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname@©#«Mo\¯HÝÜîU;±¤Ö¤Íµøˆ¡