great.

Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

-Gary Levell
www.exclaimer.net

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of spf-devel@v2.listbox.com and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not spf-devel@v2.listbox.com you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author gary@exclaimer.net and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

This disclaimer was added by eXclaimer for Microsoft Exchange 2000, a DCSL product. Please visit our web site at www.exclaimer.co.uk for more information.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: More questions on tests ... [ In reply to ]
In <F8613B5F9C388242BDABF11AF6ED123F04FB15@MAIL1.dcsl.local> "Gary Levell" <gary@exclaimer.net> writes:

> I noticed that Wayne's tests in tests.txt contain some test
> parameters that I don't fully understand the ramifications of, can
> someone please enlighten me a little.

I'll give it a try!

> The 2 in question are the -local and -rcpt-to parameters to the
> spfquery program. I assume that the -local is used to specify a
> local policy, but what is the precence of this? Does it override the
> DNS policy, is it an adjunct to, or is it only used under
> fail/softfail conditions?

Both of these options are part of the semi-standard SPF API rather
than the SPF spec. (Yes, Meng, I *still* haven't broken out the spec
tests from the API tests. Soon! :-)

You are not required to implement either of these, although it
probably would be a really good idea if you did.

The documentation on these is really poor. The best documentation
that I know of is in the spf.h file of libspf-alt. See the
"documentation" section in http://libspf2.org/index.html

> Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

Hey, it ain't your fault I haven't gotten around to documenting stuff
better. If the above pointers don't help enough, let me know and I'll
try to make things clearer.

For what it is worth, libspf-alt has been used as the basis for at
least one MS Exchange event since. Since it uses the BSD license, it
is available for use in commercial products without any fees, or
anything. There are already patches for using the Windows DNS API. I
should be able to make them available in at least a beta-test version
this week.

-wayne

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com