Mailing List Archive

Developer's Guide added to SPF website
http://spf.pobox.com/developers-guide.html

strongly suggests to implementations that they include, by default, some
extra features like support for trusted-forwarder.org.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
RE: Developer's Guide added to SPF website [ In reply to ]
The best guess:
"a/24 mx/24 ptr"
is IPv4 only. Is there any chance we should include IPv6 also (at least those MTAs with IPv6 support)? I mean, who knows how long this feature will be used...

Scaled from IPv4, it would be something like this:
"a/24//96 mx/24//96 ptr"

But perhaps this would be too restrictive. Based on the ARIN policies, I'm pretty sure that:

/48 is the norm for a site
/64 is considered "one subnet"

so, maybe "a/24//64 mx/24//64 ptr"?

(thanks to Wayne for notifying me of the SPF "a//v4//v6" subnet formatting)

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com