Mailing List Archive

Re: ANNOUNCE libspf-alt version 0.4
On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 06:18:41PM -0500, wayne wrote:

| A new version of the alternate C implementation of SPF (libspf-alt) is
| now available at:

awesome work, wayne.

| * Libspf-alt now has a SPF_result_helo() function to explicitly test
| the HELO string, even if the MAIL FROM is not <>.

I expect this is to support the always-check-HELO logic due to Hector Santos?

Mail::SPF::Query needs to catch up :)

(The latest spf draft 200403 adds HELO-first pre-testing, so that HELO
spoofing can be rejected right away without even testing MAIL-FROM.
This is safe because it only rejects upon explicit FAIL; if there's
anything else, it goes on to the usual SPF testing of return-path, which
provides the canonical result.)

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com