Mailing List Archive

SRS: Klensin email envelope proposal
I was browsing the I-D archive today and noticed this. We should learn
what we can from it.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-email-envelope-00.txt

A Cleaner SMTP Envelope for Internet Mail

Abstract

During the last few years, a number of proposals for extensions or
improvements to email have run into trouble with a side-effect of
mail relaying. In the current Internet Mail model, every SMTP server
is required to break strict layering by inserting one or more
additional "trace" headers into the message headers which are
actually part of the SMTP payload. Since the headers are altered in
transit, header-signing is not an available option, various anti-spam
and internationalization strategies are infeasible or much more
complex, and so on. This document proposes to change the Internet
mail model to place the in-transit trace information in the envelope,
removing the requirement that relaying systems modify the message
payload.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname@Ë`Ì{5¤¨wâÇSÓ°)h